I get bored with one game very quickly, so this list changes often as I reinstall old games. Games currently installed are:
Medieval II: Total War - Can't get enough of those English Longbows! Fighting Spain, France and the Holy Roman Empire all at once was difficult enough, but then Milan and Venice decided they wanted a piece of English soil too. Then miraculously the Pope died, and his successor turned out to be an English cardinal who knew how to remember his friends. Now any catholic faction which wants to attack me is going to answer to him!
Call of Duty 2 - For some reason the multiplayer action in this game just feels so intuitive, so right, that I'm starting to think of this as one of the best First-Person Shooters ever made. I love a game which rewards smart thinking, a keen eye and accurate fire. I generally try to play on servers with the Extreme mod.
Vampire, The Masquerade: Bloodlines - Though quite flawed on release, the unofficial patch (now at version 3.9) has turned this into a very slick and enjoyable game, a grossly underrated RPG with a good story, great dialogue and very memorable characters. (Warning: not suitable for youngsters or the squeamish). I'm currently replaying the story as a Malkavian, and thoroughly enjoying their... unique... perspective on the world. It's a bit like role-playing as Drusilla. My favourite line of dialogue so far has been - when trying to trick a security guard in to giving me his keys - "I am a keyring, feed me!".

No comments:
Post a Comment